Monday, December 21, 2009

Anybody familiar with printers? Can I modify the cartridge to print out metallic ink...?

I have a very, very fine metallic gold powder, and if I were to make gold letters, could I somehow mix it in with yellow paint, I would be able to make gold ink. Is this possible?Anybody familiar with printers? Can I modify the cartridge to print out metallic ink...?
Personally, I wouldn't. Unless you're prepared to go and buy a new printer if it goes wrong.


If you don't mind forking out, try it!


It'll probably block the print nozzle though.





Additional comment:





Yeah, I guessed you meant Ink when you said Paint, don't worry!


I still think it'll block the print nozzle, maybe not at first, but probably will in the end.


If you fancy it, go for it - but be prepared to get a new printer if it does go wrong!


(You'll be making the Ink in the cartridge thicker by adding powder to it, no matter how fine....mark my words!)Anybody familiar with printers? Can I modify the cartridge to print out metallic ink...?
I think there is little possibility of that working and it would most likely ruin your printer. What you need to do is to go to a printing company and they can print gold print and even raised print.
You can not mix dry powder with ink and have it work. There is two different types of printers, those that uses ink and those that use toner, (which is a dry powder).


Event if you were successful in opening up the ink cartridge and putting your concoction in it. Getting it back together, were it wouldn't leak is another thing. Also EVENT if the printer recognized it and let you print, it would probably destroy the printer the first time you printed

No comments:

Post a Comment