Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why won't my lexmark printer let me print using a compatible cartridge of another make?

I bought a new ink cartridge and successfully printed for about a month. Then I tried to print and was told that the cartridge was not compatible. Please help me!


I have lots of ink left and am very annoyed. I suspect Lexmark have installed some kind of spyware on my pc but don't know how to locate it?


Please help me!


From donna :)Why won't my lexmark printer let me print using a compatible cartridge of another make?
Lexmark cartridges have an electrical memory built in if the reprocessed cartridge was not properly done this can lead to problems.





The cartridge circuits can only take 3 refills before they stop working. This is to safeguard the print heads on them. All new cartridges have a print head on them whether that is black or colour. The most popular Lexmark cartridges are 16/17 26/27.





The software that came with your printer is the thing that detected this fault not anything Lexmark put there as Lexmark never install anything onto your computer.Why won't my lexmark printer let me print using a compatible cartridge of another make?
First off, Lexmark inkjets are the very worst you can buy - the *VERY* worst (apart from Dell's - which are simply rebodged Lexmarks).





Lexmarks, IIRC (I've never had the misfortune to use one myself, thank gods) have a sensor which detects when you're not using one of their own brand tanks.





Software cannot detect what you have in the printer; all it can do is tell you how much ink is left in the tank, and whether it's out of paper.





I know why you bought the printer - it was cheap. Thing is, you're now finding out the hard way *why* it was cheap.





Ironically, Lexmark lasers are the best in the business.
Why do you think Lexmark printers are quite cheap to buy, because, when you want to buy new cartridges, you pay more for those, then a new 3 in 1 printer would cost. Lexmark cartridges are extremely expensive. Therefore I stay away from Lexmark as far as possible.


A friend of mine, was given a Lexmark printer as a present. Great printer, A sexy female voice give all the instructions etc etc. She was very happy, untill she had to buy new cartridges.


They cost 鈧?125,00 ($ 150,00). She bought a nice Canon 1 in 3 for half the price.
problem with the chip on the ink, i would jus tsimply bring the cartridge back to your supplier and explain the detail, refilling the ink is a good idea but can effect print quality, for no hassle printing i would and prefer myself to go with the genuine products inks or toners.
it is usually due to the chip in the printer cartridge itself, unfortuately if your printer wont take it then it is very hard (near impossible) to make it do so. In future, buy ink and refill a lexmark cartridge yourself. (you can only doo this a few times though)
Firstly you can get your cartridge refilled at half theprice of a new one one sites like cartridgeworld.co.uk. If your cartridge is colour it maybe the black ink that had run out. download spybot search and destroy for free this will search for any virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment