Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can I get my Epson D68 to print if one cartridge is empty?

only because if there are 4 separate cartridges, it seems ridiculous not to be able to print in black when you have a full black cartridge and your cyan is empty, for example. I know this is how epson make their money, but is there any way i can alter the hardware or software, or download something that will help me print with just black ink available. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)Can I get my Epson D68 to print if one cartridge is empty?
I have an epson C86 and its the same if 1 cartridge is empty it doesn't print. Drives me nuts. When I bought it I must have had my stupid head on because the sales man said 4 cartridges were better because you only needed to replace the 1 that was empty.. all mine run out at the same time anyway.Can I get my Epson D68 to print if one cartridge is empty?
not possible...probally a thing from the makers so you have to keep buying ink from them








Justin
Easy answer mate.





Remove the empty cartridge and put it back in.





Close the lid and let it whirr for a minute.





You can now use the printer.
I have an Epson and it will not print if a cartridge is empty.


I don鈥榯 know what the demands of other brands are, but


likely to be the same.
right click on the printer driver click on preference click on paper quality then set it on black click apply.
nope. not possibly. Epsons will usually use a small amount of colour ink to darken and sharpen the black. Thus you need all cartridges.





This inconvenienace is also for the protection fo the pritner. Since the pritner has an integrated thermal print head a small amount of coolant is needed to prevent the heat from fusing or damaging the unit. Having ink in the printhead acts as a suffieciant coolant preventing the printer from sustaining damage.


ALl printers with integrated print heads perform the exact same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment