Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Just put a new black cartridge in my printer, yet, it will not print in black. What do I do?

I have the F300 HP All in one. I just put a new black cartridge in (and yes, I did put it in correctly and I took the plastic/tape off too). When I print, it'll only print out the stuff in color.. just, no black. What can I do?Just put a new black cartridge in my printer, yet, it will not print in black. What do I do?
First off, on most printers, unless you set it to print in black every time you open up the printer software, it prints in color. That is, what appears to be black is actually a combo of the color cartridge. You probably didnt even need to replace the black if you didnt know this. Its a lack of color in one of your color cartridges. Open the properties every time you print and set it to print how you want it to print. By default, most mfgs set the printer to print in hi color mode simply to run your cartridges out so you have to buy more ink. In properties, select only print black and try it.Just put a new black cartridge in my printer, yet, it will not print in black. What do I do?
1st try resetting the black cartridge.Make sure you took off the piece of tape and its seated correctly The printer manufacturers make it so you use a combination of color ink to make black, so you use up the color ink. If I need to print alot of B%26amp;W docs I take out the color cartridge. Most will print with just the black cartridge.
I had this problem, so I searched online,and found this solution. If the printer hasn't been used for a while, the printer head becomes clogged.


Most of the time, if you hit the File menu, Print option of the program you're working with, you'll get a ';Printer Dialog'; box, and next to your printer name, click ';properties';. You're looking for a button to clean print heads. This option might be under ';Advanced, Utilities, or Options';.


Once you find the print head cleaning option, click it and follow on screen instructions.


You may have to run this utility more than once. Hope this helps.
I had the same trouble. You need to remove cartridge - give it a shake. Insert again - go through the cleaning process. This should cure it. I was told it was due to storage conditions - quire cool.





Hope this helps you.
Go on line and see if there is a troubleshooting section for the F300 HP. Go through all the troubleshooting. It could be a dud cartridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment