Saturday, December 26, 2009

I put in a new color & black cartridge and I can't print a letter it black letters?

Strange how I printed a black%26amp;white photo and I have no problem, however the color pictures that I printed are not as clear as when I printed them before, and I get a message that the dpi is less than 150. For some reason the computer is just not reading the black cartridge even though I put it in correctly. Maybe I got a dud?I put in a new color %26amp; black cartridge and I can't print a letter it black letters?
What kind of printer? is it a refill cartridge?


Did you do the alignment after installing the cartridges?


Since most cartridges today have electronic contacts on them, if you dirtied them before installing the cartridge, it is possible that this could affect the performance, you might want to take the cartridge out and clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol.


Also, the alignment of the print heads may need to be adjusted, my hp requires this to make sure the color and black line up properly, otherwise you get a blurry image.


Also, if the problem is with the color cartridge and you are trying to print a page of black letters and the printer is set to use colors, it may try to print the black using all of the colors instead of using the black cartridge. So you may need to clean the color cartridge as well. Try looking at the printing properties and making sure black is selected when printing something that is only text and see if it does it correctly then.


Good Luck!I put in a new color %26amp; black cartridge and I can't print a letter it black letters?
Sometimes it takes a few pages to get working. I've encountered this problem as well. Try a cartridge cleaning (you should be able to do that in your printer's software station). If that doesn't work, make sure you removed the cellophane tape from the printhead. Make sure the type is marked for black in your word processing program. Make sure it's the proper cartridge for your printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment