Saturday, December 26, 2009

My printer won't print black and i want to know if cleaning the cartridge will help?

I have a lexmark x1270. I've gone through their support system and I still can't get it to print right. I know there is ink in the cartridge. is there something i can clean the cartridge with?My printer won't print black and i want to know if cleaning the cartridge will help?
Hello,


I t would seem that perhaps your ink cartridge's print head's nozzles are dried /clogged. You can try this fix that has worked great for some sort of ok for some other cartridges. If nothing improves or it leaves streaks of white areas when printing then the cartridge must be replaced.





Take a paper towel fold it in half and wet it with WARM WATER (the inks are water soluable) and gently wipe the jet nozzle area with it. the ink should flow somewhat freely onto the towel without much help. In tougher cases sometimes it will actually help it to flow easier and force the dried ink out of nozzeles if the cartridge is tapped /banged onto the damp towel (the towel is laying on a flat surface). Another possibility is to let the cartridge sit on the damp towel for a few minutes. Any one of these suggestions will usually clear the problem but, like I said if no improvement is found then it would be better to just buy a new one!





Good Luck!My printer won't print black and i want to know if cleaning the cartridge will help?
Do you know if you have ink in the cartridge ?, if you do take the cartridge out of the printer, take a paper towel and fold it in half, dab the cartridge on it 8 to 10 times just don't dab it in the same spot so you can see how the cartridge is bleeding, do you get a solid black line ? squeeze the sides of the cartridge with your fingers 8 to 10 times and dab again, if you still have a problem e mail me I will get the cartridge going again, hope this helps and good luck.
Go to the manufacturer website.





%26gt; select the model number.





%26gt; Place your issue, that may help you lot
The heads are probably dirty--clogged with dried ink. Some can be cleaned by the printer itself through printing services others must be replaced or cleaned manually. I have not had much luck with manual cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment