Saturday, December 26, 2009

I don't have a 5 bk ink cartridge for my printer, can I print without it?

I have a canon mp530. I bought a package of 4 ink cartridges, black, yellow, magenta and cyan, but I forgot that there's a space for a second black ink cartridge. The printer needs 8bk and 5bk. Why are there two black ink cartridges? More importantly, can I still get it to print without the second cartridge?I don't have a 5 bk ink cartridge for my printer, can I print without it?
Yes it should print for you in black...if it doesn't select a dark colored font like dark blue for your text. Reason for two black cartridges...printer companies have to let consumers know the ISO Page Yields...meaning they have to list how many pages each ink cartridge can print. So you have your regular black for printing text and the other black is used for photo pigmentation and graphics. Bottom line it will last longer and print more copies of anything...then it would with just one cartridge.





Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment